When you hire me as your location sound recordist / mixer, I come with the following kit:
- Sound Devices 552 location production mixer and recorder
- Rode NTG-3 shotgun mic / Rycote windshield
- PSC Elite large extensible light weight carbon fibre boom (extends to 12′ 4″)
- Camera-mixer umbilical plus variety of camera tails to adapt to most common cameras
- 2 x Micron explorer 100 series diversity radio kits
- 2 x Tram TR50 lavalier mics (more robust for uncontrolled conditions such as news gathering and documentary)
- 2 x Sanken COS-11 lavalier mics (better voice tone for controlled situations such as drama and film)
- Rycote undercover and overcover windshields for lavalier mics
- Hawk-Woods NP1 battery kit
- Sennheiser HD25 headphones
- Adapters for connections to take feeds from PA systems in venues.
- Various high quality cables and accessories such as 5m Van Damm low noise starquad cable
I always take backup recordings on SD card and later back these up to hard drive in case anything happens to camera audio.
Files will be time stamped to video when supplied with sync from camera. Otherwise time stamp will be date and time of day.